Shed Collective are a small, independent design and development studio based in London Fields. We’re on the lookout for a talented front-end developer to join our small team of nine. We’re expanding to service our growing client base and to help launch a range of home-grown products and services.
Experience-wise, we're not fixed on a particular level, but some tangible experience and a portfolio that demonstrates your capability will be necessary along with a strong understanding of web and app development processes. You'll be responsible for the development of front-end style guides, layouts and components from Sketch files, as well as providing QA and testing across multiple devices and viewports.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting other members of the front-end team
- Producing front-end components, style guides and full sites from Sketch files
- Working with design and UX to create amazing front-end experiences
- Quality assurance
- Cross device and browser testing
- De-bugging front-end issues
Your skills will include:
- Solid HTML, CSS (with SASS), and modern JS fundamentals (the good and the bad bits)
- Experience with modern front-end development stacks, including frameworks (Vue/React)
- Familiar with common front-end layout frameworks i.e. Bootstrap/Bulma
- Familiar with Laravel and PHP frameworks (basic understanding of how front-end lives in those ecosystems)
- Familiar with Sketch
- Knowledge of build tools (e.g. webpack)
- At home with Git and Git Flow, assigning and responding to PRs
- Knowledge of agile project management and development processes is a bonus
We’ll expect you to have some examples that can demonstrate your process and capability, and expect you to be able to describe some of the projects you’ve worked on. Over and above your experience, a positive attitude and the ability to work and gel with a small team are top of the list.
We expect and plan to grow your salary in-line with your ability and input on projects. Performance based bonuses will also be available after project sign-offs and high-fives. This is a full time role offering a fair salary depending on experience, which will be reviewed regularly. We know that every day is a school day, and aim to provide scope for you to level up with us, whether this be through presenting your work to the team, completing extra training, or through attending relevant conferences.
Day to day, we work 9ish-5ish, provide 28 days holiday, bank and public holidays on top. It goes without saying that you’ll get a shiny new 27” iMac or MacBook Pro, whatever tools you might need, coffee, more coffee and a beer/wine stocked fridge.