We’re interested to hear from candidates of all capabilities and experience levels, we have two openings: one for a junior/middleweight developer, one for a more senior developer. Salary will depend on experience and capabilities.
Shed Collective are a small, independent design and development studio based in London Fields. We’re on the lookout for a back-end PHP developer to join our small team of 9. We’re expanding to service our growing client base and to help launch a range of home-grown products and services.
As a back-end developer in a small team, depending on your capabilities you’ll either be leading or assisting more experienced developers in the development of client and internal websites and applications. Ideally, you will have a strong understanding of OOP and test-driven development and have some experience with CodeIgniter/Laravel, have built some sites or been involved in some builds, ideally have some agency experience(thoughnot essential), have good problem solving skills and be willing to learn.
We’ll expect you to have some examples that can demonstrate your process and capability, and expect you to be able to describe some of the projects you’ve worked on. Over and above your experience, a positive attitude and the ability to work and gel with a small team are top of the list.
We expect and plan to grow your salary in-line with your ability and input on projects.
- MVC frameworks, CodeIgniter, Laravel; occasionally WordPress, Drupal
- API design/development and integration
- Git and Git Flow
- Test-driven development methodologies
- Performance testing and optimisation
- Knowledge of building with security standards in mind(OWASP)
- Bonus points: experience working in Agile
- Bonus points: sysops/sysadmin and server provisioning, deployment mechanisms, build scripting
- Bonus points: basic understanding of some key front-end frameworks such as Vue, React, so you can collaborate with front-end teams effectively
Performance based bonuses will also be available after project sign-offs and high-fives. This is a full time role offering a fair salary depending on experience, which will be reviewed regularly.
Day to day, we work 9ish-5ish, provide 28 days holiday, bank and public holidays on top. It goes without saying that you’ll get a shiny new 27” iMac or MacBook Pro, whatever tools you might need, coffee, more coffee and a beer/cider/wine stocked fridge.